Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A weekend full of firsts!

What an eventful weekend we had! As you already know, it started off on Friday with his first set of shots...not such a fun "first" but other fun ones followed.

Landon is such a stubborn little guy, and I guess he has been since before he was born (takes after his Mommy on that one). He hates tummy time and would rather be lying on his back checking out everything. Well, he's figured out how to get himself off his tummy and onto his back - he rolled over for the first time on Friday! From his tummy to his back. I thought it was a fluke until he did it again on Saturday.
We celebrated all the July and August birthdays with the Riggs side of the family on Sunday and took Landon swimming for the first time. He had soooo much fun, he was kicking his legs and running his hands through the water and was fascinated with the reflections coming off of the water's surface. I think we've got a water baby on our hands - he loves his baths too.

After swimming and dinner he was hanging out with his Granddad who was able to coax a giggle out of the little guy for the first time. It was so cute, they were going back and forth; Granddad would giggle at Landon, then Landon would giggle at Granddad...
Alas, I wish I had both things on video but of course the Mini DV disc ended about three minutes into Landon's first dip in the pool and we left the extra one at home.
Landon seems to have stalled out on his weight gain again. His pediatrician changed the dose of his medication for his reflux and is out of the office the rest of this week. I'm going to go back to the old dose tomorrow and am hoping this will again solve the problems of the world until his doctor is back on Monday. I've still got thrush and I think Landon's got it again too based on his bumpy diaper rash that keeps coming back, though no spots in his mouth. We just picked up some gentian violet that I'm going to start using and am hoping that it will do the trick. If not, I think it's off to the dermatologist unfortunately.

Oh, and I can't even believe I didn't mention that Landon was baptized earlier! Shame on me! He was baptized on Sunday, August 10th at the church Mark and I were married in and now attend, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. Mark's parents and grandparents were both married at Good Shepherd, Mark and his siblings were baptized there - as were my sisters and I.



My mom made his baptism outfit and did a fabulous job - the little peanut was doing a fabulous job growing and she had to take it back to make the leg holes bigger! Yay for Landon's chunky thighs!


Landon with his Godparents...Kate, Emily, and John



Our little family


His two month shot




No comments: