Friday, August 15, 2008

Oww, shots


Landon had his two month well baby checkup today and his first set of shots. Technically, this should only have been the second time Landon should have been in to see the doctor, but really I've lost count since we've gone so many times for weight checks and the like. Good news this time though, his doctor was pleased with his weight gain and gave us the green light to let him sleep through the night if he wants to. No more waking him up for nighttime feedings - yay!


Then the yucky part...shots. We're following Dr. Sears' adjusted vaccine schedule since peanut Landon is still a little bitty guy, so fortunately he only got one shot and the rotavirus stuff by mouth. He screamed and screamed and turned bright red while they gave him the shot, but he calmed right down as soon as I picked him up. He napped on the way home, and I tried putting him down but he won't have any part of that, he wants to snuggle close to Mommy so I've got him in the Moby and he's fast asleep right now.


His new Reflux meds seem to be working, he's having easier feeds and is keeping it down much better. He's still a little fussy in the evening, but he's also the only baby I know that won't nap much during the day; so by the end of the day he's probably way over-stimulated and over-tired. We're going to a class next week at DayOne about sleep training, hopefully we'll get some tips and tricks on how to get him to be a better sleeper. I'm also looking forward to getting him to go to sleep without swaddling him. I think he's ready to move into his crib from his cradle, but only after he can sleep without swaddling, it would just make me feel better.


In other news, I celebrated my birthday this week with pizza from Skipolini's and presents. In true Mommy fashion I enjoyed my pizza and opened my gifts while standing and swaying since Landon's dinner radar was going off and he wouldn't let anyone else hold him or put him down. It was just fine with me though, never again will he be this little or want to cuddle so much.

No comments: