Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Switcheroo

Landon had another doctor appointment today for another weight check. He's up to 8 pounds 5 ounces, that's up 7 ounces in 9 days; which his pediatrician is happy-ish with (he said he wanted to see him up 9 pounds in 9 days, we're going for an ounce a day here). He's changing his medicine from the Zantac that I'm not so sure is working all that well to something else. I haven't picked it up from the pharmacy yet because I'm hoping that I'll have a new medicine for the thrush. I thought things were going well with it until I woke up this morning and it's spread and is getting painful. I've emailed my doctor and we'll see what they come back with. Landon's doctor is also referring him to a gastrointestinal doctor to see what their take on him will be Something's gotta give, right? We go back next Friday for his two month checkup and shots.

I can't fathom going back to work with things being so up in the air with him. I'm just not comfortable going back until he's on a steady track of gaining weight and I'm back to100% normal without any thrush or anything. I've got about four weeks left of my leave, which sounds like a lot when you think about it one way, but sounds like nothing at all when you think about it another way. It's hard enough having to put him in daycare, I can't imagine what it would be like putting him in with things going the way they have gone up until now. Like I said, we still have some time left, but it's still not far from my mind and I'm not looking forward to it.


In better news, Landon is getting really good at holding his head up. That's just about his favorite thing to do when he's upright on my chest. He'll brace himself with his arms and push up so that he can look around. He's getting very good at controlling his head too, once he's balancing he'll move his head from side to side and look around. He'll do this for five to ten minutes at a time with little rest periods in between. He's such a handsome little guy!


No comments: