Saturday, September 13, 2008

Already?!?!

Where have the last three months gone??? On one hand it feels like time has crept along slowly allowing me to memorize each and every moment and tuck it deep inside my heart. On the other hand it feels like the last three months have dissappeared at warp speed leaving my head spinning and eyes boggled. It just doesn't seem real any way I think about it.

Alas, I have a three month old who is holding his head up, smiling and laughing on command, rolling over from his tummy to his back, cooing, drooling like nobody's business...and I have to go back to work on Monday. It isn't fair. I think I would give my right arm - no, that wouldn't work since that's the arm I hold the little peanut with - okay, I'd give just about anything to be able to freeze time right now and just stay here. Maybe like Groundhog day just keep re-living the same things over and over again. Right now that might be okay with me. Our days seem to be getting easier and easier (knock on wood). Landon's eating much better but still doesn't like taking his Prilosec, and he's gaining weight. He was 10 pounds 8 ounces at his weight check on Friday the 12th of September. His pediatrician was fine with us not coming in for another weight check until his four month well baby checkup in the beginning of October as long as I keep weighing him at DayOne once a week or so; and as long as he continues to gain weight.

We had an appointment with the gastro doctor earlier in the week who basically confirmed that we're doing everything that we can right now. He isn't suggesting the pH probe test that requires an overnight hospital stay, a tube down Landon's throat, and his arms strapped down for 24 hours to monitor the pH levels in his esophagus until he starts losing weight again or if the Reflux doesn't subside by the time he's six months old...whichever comes first (if at all). That was sweet music to my ears, no way do I want to put my baby through that.

Back to the fun stuff, Landon is such a sweet and fabulous baby these days. He loves his cuddle time with Mama and loves to hang out and laugh with Daddy. His Whoozit and Jacques the Peacock (I didn't make that up...) rival as Landon's favorite toys. He loves it when we sing to him and move his arms and legs to the music, My Bonny Lies Over the Ocean and The Wheels on the Bus are his favorite songs to sing with Old MacDonald coming in a close second. I could really get used to this staying at home with him stuff and am dreading work on Monday.

However, I do think I've finagled my schedule such that I'll wake and feed him at 6am, drop off at daycare at 7:30am and continue onto work, he'll get a bottle at 9am, I'll run over to his daycare and feed him at noon, then I'll be off at 3pm and will run to daycare where I'll pick him up and feed him. So, hopefully this all will work and he'll only be getting one feeding by bottle most days. I'm fearful that my milk supply will plunge and thus will end our breastfeeding days. His doctors are strongly encouraging us to continue to breastfeed as formula is much tougher on a reflux baby's system. They're so encouraging that they've given me a free pump to use as long as we're still breastfeeding. Though if history repeats itself my supply will drop if we start pumping more than feeding.

Say a prayer and think happy thoughts for us all on Monday.

Oh, and I've been tagged! Janessa (Jenna's Mom, http://www.littlemonkey-babyo.blogspot.com/) wants six random things about myself.

The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted

I can cover 1-3, but I'm afraid I'm still too new at this blogging stuff to actually have six people I can tag. So, here it goes...

1. I broke my arm in a car accident and while it healed better than the Dr.'s thought it would it didn't heal back straight and you can feel the lopsidedness if you run your hand along my bicep and I can't straighten out my arm all the way.
2. I sing...classical and opera type stuff. I'm a coloratura soprano. Think Mariah Carey high notes; that top note of the Star Spangled Banner (and beyond) is no problem for me, and no, I've never shattered glass.
3. Not only can I sing with my mouth open, but I can sing with it closed too. Kinda sounds like I've got some little guy trapped in there...pretty funny actually.
4. I don't like condiments. No mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc. on my sandwiches or burgers; and my salads are sans-dressing too. Yeah, I'm wierd I guess.
5. I absolutely loathe doing laundry and dishes. I'll do them if I have to, but don't ever ask to look in my closet because chances are it will look like a hurricane hit. I don't know why, but I just HATE folding clothes and scrubbing dishes - though I will if I have to.
6. I can't think of anything else, so I'll continue with the broken arm accident thing. I can't feel a good patch along the top of my forearm because of nerve damage. I've gotten a little too close to the flame on the stove and singed some hair all because I can't feel a thing.

Are those random enough??

No comments: