Thursday, June 10, 2010

Two years? No way...

Yes way! Two years ago at this very moment I was snuggling my brand new baby in my arms. Really, it was more chaotic and crazy than it sounds since we were probably trying to figure out how to get him to eat since he was so sleepy (and we were too), but nevertheless, we were snuggling. I couldn't help myself but to snuggle Landon to sleep tonight, only this time his little body wrapped around mine instead of the six pound little package wrapped up in a blanket that I could curl my arm around. Snuggles are snuggles though, and I'll take what I can get since they seem to be even fewer and far between. The last two years seem to have melted away. I can remember those early days like they were yesterday, yet at the same time I have no idea where the time went.

Landon is a tall and skinny little ball of energy these days! He can count to twenty, knows his shapes and colors, LOVES to drive by the "lellehoter" (helicopter) on our way home from daycare and is infatuated with Mickey Mouse and all his friends. His smile and sweet little face will light up any room and brighten any day. He is genuinely the light of our lives and I can't seem to remember what life was like before he was here...nor do I want to.

We had such a fun day today! We all took the day off of work and daycare to play around a little bit. Daddy made a special trip to Johnny's and we had donuts for breakfast, then we played around the house for a bit before venturing over to the mall to get some pictures taken, had some lunch and then we were off to Pixieland! Landon had such a good time and was tall enough to ride on the airplanes! I think this made all of our day. I wasn't sure how he would do since the airplanes are only for little guys and he had to go by himself; I thought for sure he'd scream and we'd have to have them stop the ride to get him off. Quite the opposite though, he ended up riding them four or five times and it was hard to get him off! Teacups, a train ride, the cars and the merry-go-round later we headed home for a much needed nap. After naptime we gave Landon a few presents, played outside and then headed to meet the rest of the family at Chuck E Cheese. Pizza, cake, more presents, rides, whack-a-mole, ski-ball and a few other games later we headed home for bathtime and bed! A fun, crazy, memorable day for our favorite two year old who is now sound asleep in his crib.

Happy birthday, Landon! We love you more and more each day and are having such a wonderful time with you! Thank you for making us laugh, giving the best squeezie hugs, entertaining us with your "hot dog dance" and song singing. I hope one day you're blessed with the opportunity to see just how much joy you bring to our lives.