Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A conversation with Landon

It's totally cliche, but a toddler's mind is like a sponge. Seriously. Mine is no exception, I think I've mentioned this before. I love this age, and I would love to dive into that little brain of Landon's and see what his train of thought is like.

He's talking constantly these days and has started stringing words together to form phrases. It's so much fun conversing with him when we're driving somewhere, when he's glued to his high chair, when we're out for a walk and he's discovering new things (or re-discovering the flower that we've walked by and oogled every day for a week). It's just plain fun. Tonight Landon and I chatted about his day in the bathtub. I smiled from the inside out as this was the first time he's been able to recount the day all on his own. Usually while we're on our way home from daycare I'll ask him how his day was and what he did. It's a one-way conversation though and I'm the one reminding him that he went to the park, had lunch, etc. I couldn't wait for the day when he'd tell me all about what he did, and today was that day.

Landon: Daddy, work?
Mommy: No, Daddy's bowling.
Landon: Mommy work. Landon, Irma's.
Mommy: Yes, you go to Irma's when Mommy is at work.
Landon: Noble Irma's.
Mommy: Did you play with Noble at Irma's today?
Landon: Yes. Jenna.
Mommy: Did you play with Jenna too?
Landon: Park.
Mommy: Did you go to the park with Irma today?
Landon: Yes. Jenna, Noble too.
Mommy: Did you play with Jenna and Noble at the park?
Landon: SLIDE! Noble, Jenna, slide!
Mommy: You played on the slide today?
Landon: Around. (While he motions his hand in a circle.)
Mommy: Yes, you go around and up and then down the slide again?
Landon: YES!
Mommy: Sounds like fun! Did you have fun?
Landon: Yes. Swings! WEEE!!!
Mommy: Ooh, yes, the swings are fun. Did Irma push you on the swings?
Landon: Yes. Firetruck. Loud.
Mommy: Did a firetruck drive by?
Landon: Yes. LOUD!
Mommy: Yes, firetrucks are loud.

It went on from there. We chit chatted for a good three minutes or so, it was so cute. When did my baby boy get to be such a big boy?

2 comments:

Alison said...

Ack - I'm tearing up!! What a sweet, sweet memory/moment Sally!!

janessa said...

awwwww! Love it!