Sunday, June 7, 2009

One year ago tomorrow

One year ago tomorrow we entered the hospital as two, and a week later left as three. It's crazy to think that a year has flown by and my itty bitty baby that was once inside a protruding belly was just about to be born. Exactly one year ago at this moment I do believe all the wonderful women in my life were bustling about trying like crazy to get everything ready for a baby to come home. We thought we'd have a couple more weeks, but when the doctor said we'd be going in on June 8th to get induced things picked up into high gear. It didn't help matters with me being on bedrest, talk about a frustrated momma!

I could not have prepared myself for this last year; it's been one of the most rewarding, challenging, joyous, hard, wonderful, crazy, one-of-a-kind years I'll ever have. The fact of the matter is, nothing prepares you to be a mommy. Sometimes I find myslef drifting back to the days when Landon wasn't around. Sure, I was rested and could get a ton of errands done in a couple of hours; life didn't revolve around nap and feeding times, but I'll take this mommy stuff over all that any day of the week. This precious being knows who I am, loves to snuggle me, laughs at my goofy faces, comes straight to me for comfort, and is most definitely wrapped around my finger.

What a difference a year makes.

3 comments:

janessa said...

*sniff*

What a difference a year makes! Congrats, Mama, congrats!

Alison said...

Happy *almost* birthday Landon!!!

Maria said...

Love it!!!