Thursday, March 19, 2009

We're in trouble now

Landon has gotten pretty good at pulling himself from a sitting position to a standing position. I've also noticed that for the last few days he'll successfully get himself into a sitting position from being on his tummy, though nobody ever witnessed how he did it until yesterday. Irma mentioned to me that she would go to get him up from his nap and he would be sitting in his crib happy as a clam. Last night I was changing my clothes getting ready to put him down for the night and set him in the middle of our bathroom floor while I was changing in the closet (our bathroom is big and carpeted). Well what do you know, I turn around and he's swinging one leg underneath him and sitting up! Way to go, little man!

Fast forward to him going down for the night. He started whining and semi-crying about 20 minutes after being asleep. He wasn't stopping so Mark went in to calm him down and get him back to sleep only to find him STANDING in his crib. Ayayay! Our backs have been spoiled until now since we haven't needed to drop the crib matress to a lower setting, but clearly now we need to.

In other news, it's been quite a week over here; as the saying goes, when it rains it pours. I think it's been hailing at our house. Mark and I spent Monday night in the emergency room when his stomach pain got way out of hand, they thought he had apendicitis at first, but after being admitted to the hospital they decided it was an infection of some sort in his intestines. Blech. We're happy to have him home, but it's thrown off the entire week. We're also smack dab in the middle of the addition and are living in a construction zone. I'm a creature of comfort and don't do well with layers upon layers of dust everywhere and stuff piled anywhere there is any extra space. I can't wait for this to be over! The icing on the cake...the washing machine broke down, and I've got loads upon loads of laundry to do. Oh, and the cherry on top...allergies. Or a cold, or maybe a combination of both - who knows! I do know that Landon's got a little bit of a cough and I'm congested enough to be very annoyed. Let's just move right along to next week.

No comments: